This bentonite clay mask recipe is a gentle exfoliator and perfect for balancing oily, dry and sensitive skins. Bentonite clay is a natural detoxifier and purifier. The end result of this gentle bentonite clay mask recipe is a firm, suppler, more even tone and glowing looking skin. If you use it twice a week, it will help reducing the look of fine lines and wrinkles as well as face age spot and hyper pigmentation.
Take care of NEVER using metals while touching clays as the clay draws out the metals and absorbs them! If you use metal spoons or bowls you may end up with some metal components in your mask. Your clay will also be less effective in detoxifying your skin.
The French pink clay I’ve used here is optional but I just love the color!
French Pink Clay can be used to cleanse and detoxify the skin and remove dead skin cells. It can also be used to treat acne and sun damaged skin.
I’ve added rose water (hydrosol) which is also balancing for the skin, restore the skin’s PH and helps tighten pore, plus it smells divine!
Be careful not to use rose flower imitations as there are sadly a lot of them on the market. Look for 100% natural rose flower hydrosol with no fragrance or other ingredients added. Rose water comes from the essential oil distillation process. It should not contain any “fragrance”, preservatives or any other chemicals.
If you do not have rose hydrosol on hand, you can also use mineral water or aloe vera juice.
Enough talking, let’s make this awesome balancing bentonite clay mask recipe; it will only take 5 minutes!
- Combine all ingredients until they form a thick paste in a glass or wooden bowl with a wooden spoon or stick.
- Apply a thick layer of the mask all over your face, except eyes and mouth.
- Leave on for 20 minutes or until it is dried.
- Rinse gently with warm water while massaging your skin for a few minutes.
- Apply your moisturizer and enjoy your healthy glowing skin!
- This makes one application. It’s best to prepare just before using as it only take a few minutes.