Rose water – it is an excellent ingredient that widely used in many beauty recipes in our day – to – day skin care regimen. It is suitable for all skin types and has soothing, cooling, antiseptic, astringent, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and balancing properties.
It is not only used for fragrance but also for its versatile uses like a natural toner, cleanser, cooling mist, sunburn soother, mood enhancer, linen freshener, hair perfume, perfumed sprays, soothes certain skin irritations, moisturizers, stress reliever, clears dark circles or puffy eyes, heals scars, balance your skin’s pH and while mixing your face pack.
So, we all use rosewater which is brought from the market but did you know whether they are pure or not? It has some chemicals and preservatives which cause harm to your skin.
We all know that using organic products will give effective and safe results without much cost. Then why don’t we prepare rose water at home and use it? Did you know that it’s very simple to make it at home? Yes, scroll down to know how to prepare a natural rose water at home.
Homemade Natural Rose Water:
Here we are going to know the best method of preparing rose water at home. Let’s get started.
- Wash few roses (pesticide/chemicals free) in water thoroughly and tear off its petals.
- Then add 1/2 – 3/4 cup of fresh rose petals in a saucepan filled with 1 ½ cups of water.
- Cover it and bring it to a boil.
- Then simmer for few minutes till the petals will turn to white (or colorless).
- Turn off the heat and allow the water to cool down completely.
- Strain the water and pour it into a dark, clean bottle.
- Refrigerate the rose water to lasts for a month and use it regularly.
Note: Or if you don’t have any fresh rose petals, then you can use 1/4 cup of dried rose petals instead of fresh ones.
🎀Tips and Precautions:
- Choose the fresh organic roses which will have a sweet smell, delicate and suitable for consumption (prefer the one from the garden) but not the hybrid one that florists offer.
- Regular usage of rose water will tighten up the pores, brings a natural glow and nourishment, prevents signs of aging, refresh and rejuvenate your body, relieves your stress and depression.
- Always use distilled or filtered water for preparing rosewater.
[wpforms id=”43″ description=”true”]