This is an easy-to-make homemade moisturizer for dry skin, with the main ingredient of almond oil.
In order to make this homemade moisturizer, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon of beeswax
- 1/2 cup of almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of rosewater or orange flower water
- A combination of essential oils of your choice (plant extracts will also work and make your product unique)
- In a clean saucepan on low heat, slowly melt the beeswax, stirring continuously so it doesn’t burn.
- When fully melted, remove from heat, tip into almond oil and mix.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes, mix again and cool for another 5 minutes. As the mixture becomes exposed to the air, it will thicken and become milky in texture and colour.
- Finally, mix a tablespoon of rosewater or orange flower water.
- As the cream is starting to set, add six drops of your preferred essential oils. If you’re using a combination, add three drops of each oil.
- Mix again and wait until cooled and set (up to 20 minutes), then spoon into your container.
Note: Keep it up to four months and out of direct sunlight.